2018 Convention: Dealers drive FWEDA success
The 2018 Annual FWEDA Convention is right around the corner and the board and staff made some great changes you'll appreciate this year. We’ve worked very hard to bring you a convention you deserve. Check out the details at https://www.fweda.com/convention/
It's a first-class conference with professional development, sport and camaraderie. Support your industry and Far West Equipment Dealers Association. It's better than good:
- Keynote speaker Lou Holtz will be memorable. You don't have to be a college football fan to appreciate Lou's passion for life. For those college football fans, wear your team shirt to Thursday's breakfast for Lou's "Game Plan for Success." I'll be in my #1 Alabama shirt... Roll Tide! And there’s still seats at the table for a private dinner with Lou Holtz, a fundraiser for the association.
- Pat McGaughey is again our great Master of Ceremonies, and we look forward to his bonus session, "Master Your Business Game." Pat always combines humor and great sense.
Bill and Linette Garton
- Great Speakers include:
- J.P. Morgan's Ann Duignan (remember "don't cut your wrist"?)
- Kevin Burgess on Vision, Talent / Roger Slater on Workforce Transformation / Chris Carter on Leading Your Team Through Change (reminder — members want a change in FWEDA, it's changed, so participate!)
- Yours truly will join a dealer panel Thursday morning to discuss how executive coaching over the past several months better equips us to run our businesses
- Speaking of panelists, leadership from the major manufacturers will join us this year for a panel discussion about industry trends and challenges — this is your chance to hear it from the top
- Golf — for those not-so-good golfers like myself, there's a Golf Pro giving tips on the course. My last tip was try something else! But, I'm back at it and planning to win the Ford pickup!
Add to all of this great meals, wine, games, and even a Farm-to-Fork Thanksgiving cooking experience.
We’re all busy with the drama of business but spend five minutes, sign up, escape the drama and go to the convention. It's great to mingle with the manufacturers and fellow dealers, plus bring new staff or family members to learn the business, professionally and personally. Here's the link to register: https://www.fweda.com/events-calendar/#!event/2018/11/14/fweda-2018-convention
DEADLINES: Golf – Oct. 13: Yes, that's TWO days from now. Sign up to make sure you have a spot on the team.
Hotel – Oct. 17: Our room block expires a week from today and the hotel is sold out!
Dealers are the lifeline of FWEDA and we are what makes this association successful. Attending this year’s convention featuring “Leading Change & Succession,” will give you positive takeaways to keep your business flourishing.
We appreciate your membership and your support. If you can't make it, send someone from your company who can.
Linette and I look forward in seeing you November 14-16 at the beautiful Hyatt Indian Wells Resort and Spa!
— Bill Garton, Garton Tractor, Inc.
Chair, FWEDA Convention Committee