Commercial business fires are on the rise. There were more than 110,000 non-residential building fires in 2019 – only 3.4 percent of which were caused by natural disasters.1 The remaining 96.6 percent of fires may have been preventable and often resulted in property damage, smoke-damaged inventory, lost revenue, and, most importantly, life-changing employee injuries and even death. National Fire Prevention Week, October 3-9, 2021, is an excellent time to reinforce fire safety with your employees, and we’re here to help.

Ignite safety – not flames – at your business this October by holding an employee safety meeting with the help of our Fire Safety Talking Points and Employee Training Video. Also, take a moment to review a Fire Prevention Checklist.

Could It Happen to You?

An old space heater that was left running unattended overnight sparked an electrical fire. The flames quickly spread to a nearby wall. The building and contents sustained more than $10 million in damage.

Keep the Conversation Going

Access industry-specific fire hazard sample checklists, posters, training videos, and more anytime by logging in to mySHIELD®. New to mySHIELD? Call the Client Contact Center at 1-888-333-4949 to register.

Source: Federated Insurance

You May Also Like

Tax Increase Passes House, Vaccine Mandate in Limbo, and Redistricting Could Benefit GOP

New California Law Permits Electronic Distribution of Workplace Notices

OSHA’s Vaccination and Testing ETS

FWEDA Names Tim Robinson as 2021 Presidents Award Recipient